It's been quite a while since I've written about fashion. I'm always flipping through the latest issue of Australian Vogue and browsing online to see what new things my favorite brands are releasing. Current trends I'm gushing over include; rompers, glowing skin, ethnic prints/graphics, florals, earth tones, bright jewelry + nails. Summer is my favorite time of year. Longer days, warmer temps. Makes me want to buy a few new things in celebration—besides, gotta look cute for those backyard BBQs!
Below are some of my current picks and why I love them for summer:
1. Who doesn't love a great pair of cut-offs? I typically make my own, but these stunners by Free People have a high waist, gorgeous jacquard floral print and are longer in the back so at my age I can actually wear them! They must have sold like hotcakes because I can't even find them online anymore.
2. I (heart) rompers! My boyz would argue I have far too many, but what betty thing to throw on a look both feminine and casual. Plus, you can ride your beach cruise in one all day long. Loving this So Divine One Piece by Free People
3. We visited Colombia this past January and I was smitten with the local art culture. This cuff bracelet is traditional Cana Flecha. A woven technique that yields a gorgeous geometric print.
4. I am one of those girls that looks silly with overly girly colors on my nails. I typically go for white, blue, gray when I get a manicure. This season I'm loving Butter London's Poole. Reminds me of a clear, bluish-aqua ocean.
5. I'm not one to spend a lot on jewelry. I'd rather have a big box of trendy eye-catching pieces than fancy diamonds. I love shopping on Nasty Gal. She does an amazing job of capturing the latest trends that won't break the bank. Oh and the founder's book #GIRLBOSS is a great beach read!
6. I'm blessed with thick hair, but because of my Greek heritage it can be downright coarse and unruly. I go through gobs of conditioner and my go-to serum is Bumble and Bumble's line of Haidresser's Invisible Oil. Tames my tresses!
7. I love golden skin in the summer. All that love has not agreed with my skin so this magical lotion by Lorac makes my skin look rad. I think it might even accentuate my "muscles".
8. I love the casual vibe of wearing a plaid shirt, but sometimes I feel too boyish in them. Johnny Was solved this issue with their version of traditional red plaid complete with embroidered flowers down the entire back. It's so lightweight and works great as a beach cover-up or unbuttoned, tied at the waist with shorts.
9. Another great find on our trip to Colombia was a high-end boutique showcasing the local couture designers. I fell in love with these ethnic, colorful lace-up beauties by Azulu.